- About: Anna Chen
- On the radio
- Arts Reviews
- The Steampunk Opium Wars
- Foot and Mouth Campaign
- RSC The Orphan of Zhao controversy
- Print Room protest: In the Depths of Dead Love chronology
- Reaching for my Gnu: poetry
- Anna Chen's Poetry
- Yellow Peril Orientalism
- Suzy Wrong Human Cannon
- Anna May Wong, Hollywood legend
- Shakedown: America's 21st Century War on China
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
Ken Loach & Michael Heseltine debate Tory cuts on Newsnight
Ken Loach pwns Michael Heseltine over Tory lies on cuts.
I'm listening to BBC Radio 4's Today programme right now, horrified that the consensus that those at the bottom of society have to pick up the deficit bill goes almost entirely unchallenged. It's as if we've forgotten the bankers until someone like Loach speaks up.
And, no, a mild-mannered Mark Steel right at the end of the programme is no counter-balance for the skewing of facts by Nick Robinson, Robert Peston, John Humphries, "Sir" John Tusa, et al.