Tuesday 6 July 2010

Desperate Squirrel video: big nuts get him nowhere


So there I was, minding my own business, working in the garden, when I was suddenly surrounded by mayhem as the squirrels went crazy ape bonkers around me. It's summer and the wildlife is in rut.

I missed videoing the dizzying keystone cops chase around the garden, along the fences and through the trees as my little furry friends raced to procreate. The mother squirrel I'd been feeding very sweetly brought her brood to visit me a few weeks ago but now her sons are all growed up, if you know what I mean.

When I say they have big nuts, I'm not kidding. I did some scientific research (Googled a bit) and discovered that the male gonads of the squirrel drop in the horny season. Well, well. You learn something new every day.

Sad but very funny if you are a female and recognise the symptoms.

1 comment:

Gwei Mui said...

LOL those nuts look extremely heavy!
Grreat vid :)

ShareThis