- About: Chinese British poet, writer and broadcaster Anna Chen
- On the radio
- Arts Reviews
- The Steampunk Opium Wars
- Foot and Mouth Campaign
- RSC The Orphan of Zhao controversy
- A Bad Case of the Trots
- Reaching for my Gnu: poetry
- Print Room protest: In the Depths of Dead Love chronology
- Poetry Live!
- Yellow Peril Orientalism
- Suzy Wrong Human Cannon
- Anna May Wong, Hollywood legend
Friday, 9 October 2009
Opium dealer fortune plundered by family: Brooke Astor's son guilty
So much for breeding and nobility. In a case that makes the Astors look like the Corleones, Anthony Marshall, the dastardly stepson of David Astor, has been found guilty of trying to steal millions from his mother, socialite Booke Astor, while she was gaga.
The Astors, who founded The Observer, made their money from fur and opium. Nice.