- About: Chinese British poet, writer and broadcaster Anna Chen
- On the radio
- Arts Reviews
- The Steampunk Opium Wars
- Foot and Mouth Campaign
- RSC The Orphan of Zhao controversy
- A Bad Case of the Trots
- Reaching for my Gnu: poetry
- Print Room protest: In the Depths of Dead Love chronology
- Poetry Live!
- Yellow Peril Orientalism
- Suzy Wrong Human Cannon
- Anna May Wong, Hollywood legend
Friday, 7 November 2008
UK recognises Chinese rule over Tibet
Ha, ha! Right on the money-maker. There's me saying, "I wonder what news the government's going to bury during this time of rejoicing in the world," and here it comes.
The UK finally recognises China's sovereignty over Tibet. Yeeha! Break out the yak stew. I'm gonna party like it's 1899.
Never let it be said the Brits aren't sneaky, even if they are predictable.
Perhaps now the Tibetan people can focus on how to improve their conditions as part of the new superpower.