- About: Anna Chen
- On the radio
- Arts Reviews
- The Steampunk Opium Wars
- Foot and Mouth Campaign
- RSC The Orphan of Zhao controversy
- Print Room protest: In the Depths of Dead Love chronology
- Reaching for my Gnu: poetry
- Anna Chen's Poetry
- Yellow Peril Orientalism
- Suzy Wrong Human Cannon
- Anna May Wong, Hollywood legend
- Shakedown: America's 21st Century War on China
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Awesome waves injure US surfing contest spectators
It's an overused word, I know, but "awesome" is what these giant waves are. That top picture gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and the skin on my scalp shivering.
The waves were mighty enough to injure fifteen spectators at a US surfing contest south of San Francisco. Despite the danger — or because of it — you can see the lure of the sexy deathly sea in all its moods. Now that is a sport I would love to do.
Madam Miaow says ... Ooh! Ah! Respek nature.
BBC Video here